12.17.2008

Ice rink is open, tree is up, coffee is hot...




The ice rink across the street in Sibley Park is open and it looks beautiful. I look forward to grabbing my ice skates and gliding with shaky ankles. Despite the below zero temps the rink has been busy and the lights remain on until 9pm. Come over, bring your skates and use our home as a warming house. The coffee is on. The sledding hill across the street is also busy but I would only go down after a fresh coat of soft snow. The hill looks icy and fast! Great if you are 10, but not so great if you are on the dark side of 30.

I put the tree up and it is a huge incentive for Cedar to get crawling. The house feels festive and the glow of the bubble lights on these dark nights sure has warmed my heart. We are looking forward to Cedar's first Christmas/New Year celebration.

1 comment:

dawnkristine said...

Beautiful post...love the lights over the rink...and Cedar, what a handsome fella!